Sunday, February 9, 2014

Perfect Attendance Winner

We began in this new school a year ago...a team made up of a guidance counselor and me, the social worker.  It has been great fun!  I created a program called the perfect attendance winner.  It is meant to reward  children for attending school every day and on time.  So every two weeks I choose a name from all the children attending.  Then I check their attendance for the last two weeks.  If they have been to school every day for the last two weeks and on time, they win prizes.  I also take their picture and place it on a bulletin board with perfect attendance winner as the title.  The picture remains up the entire school year.  Prizes include small things like bookmarks, pencils, tiny prizes such as erasers, journals which are composition books.  This program shows a significant increase in attendance over the entire school year for the last two years.  I hope it works for your school too!  Let me know what your results are.  Thanks so much for checking out my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment